On the same day, I found the tessellated urn/jar I also happened upon some really cool old posters at an estate sale. They were from Istanbul, according to their markings, and all three depict life in that ancient Turkish city or at the famed Grand Bazaar within it . . .
The second one of the Grand Bazaar is my favorite.


I just love the look of them and the saturated colors. They're obviously prints, but it looks like the originals might have been hand-colored  pen and ink drawings. Very cool.

I think they would look amazing blown up super-size and used as a wallcovering or mural like these inspiration pics . . . 



Hmm. My wheels are turning. Until I decide what to do with them, I'll leave you with They Might Be Giants' version of "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" because it's just such a fun song. I can't be held responsible if it gets stuck in your head the rest of the day. 
Although, my favorite TMBG song is "Birdhouse in Your Soul" (I think mainly because my husband put it on a mixed tape for me when we were dating in college - remember those, tapes?). So, I'll put that one on here too. Don't feel obligated to listen/watch either one, but I guarantee they'll make you happy. I know this is a random post, but I think my broken toe has made me a bit delirious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top