Why, hello. Yes, so I sort of neglected the ole blog last week. Sorry for my absence. Nothing really crazy or out of the ordinary happened. We had to get a new dishwasher because our old one kept leaking (not good for the hardwoods or my sanity or the dishes). I also started working with a new client who has amazing taste and was ready to get to work. No joke, she sold her sofa on Craigslist last Friday, picked out a new Lee Industries sofa on Saturday and had it delivered Tuesday. The rest of the week was spent helping her make decisions about what other pieces to add as she sold off other pieces in the room as well. Oh, and she consigned her antique dining set as it was totally not her. Next stop, dining room options.

However, my immediate issue is my hair - it's driving me crazy, but luckily I'm getting it cut tomorrow and am thinking of going shorter (this seems to be a trend lately, but I'm not above being a little trendy). I'm thinking something shoulder-skimming like this . . .
Or a tad longer like this . . .

Then I saw Giuliana Rancic on the Red Carpet last night with her short do and loved her look . . .


Now, I have a LOT more hair than Giuliana and that's my main problem. I like the sort of wispy, wavy look but my copious amounts of hair make it difficult sometimes. I think Kristin (my fabulous stylist) will just need to cut lots of layers to make it piece-y (sounds like I know what I'm talking about, right?).

In other news, we're starting to re-do the kids' playroom as it's the only room we really haven't done anything to since we moved in over six years ago. But, as the kids get older and have fewer small toys, their room needs some tweaking. First and foremost, it needs a coat of paint as the harvest yellow/gold in there is way 1998. Instead of their tiny play table, I decided they needed a bigger surface where they could do crafts, eat, do homework, play games, etc. So, I found this faux burled wood laminate table and chrome chair set at the flea market Friday and loved it . . . 
First of all, the fact that it's laminate and going in a playroom is a slam dunk. But, the faux burled wood look just ups the cool factor a notch. And for some reason, my kids love anything that looks the least bit modern . . . if it's chrome, it's good. Hmm. Where did they get that idea? Also, the table folds down to extend or to be totally flat and shoved up against a wall. Perfect for impromptu dance parties or sleepovers. Space-saving is always a good thing. Here it is opened up (as requested by my daughter) in the playroom . . . 
Of course, the upholstery will need to be replaced but that's an easy fix. I actually have some white vinyl and some other options around the house too. That's another project to add to the list.

I sincerely hope I will be checking back in more this week. If I'm really brave I may try to snap a photo of my new 'do tomorrow. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top