We made it home from Disney World a few days ago, and I've been trying to recover ever since. It was a wonderful, fun-filled trip, but I'm glad to be home. The old saying: "I need a vacation from my vacation" definitely applies.


I returned home to find a flower bed full of weeds, so I've been trying to rectify that situation despite my innate lack of gardening skills. In between mulching and planting, I've been catching up on some of my favorite blogs and finding some great new ones (or new to me at least). While perusing one of the newbies, Ashley Ann Photography, I ran across the most spectacular bedroom she recently finished for her three boys.


Her boys had three requests: orange, airplanes and not girly. I think she delivered in spades. I love the gray walls with the pops of orange. 
Putting pencils in the light fixture was an inspired touch. And, by the way, she made the airplane art panels herself. Talk about talented.
The details really make the room so fun and personal. You must check out her blog to read the genesis of different pieces and ideas.
I think displaying photos on clipboards is genius. I might be stealing this idea soon!

Please check out Ashley Ann's blog for the skinny on all her great ideas and sources. I couldn't get enough.

All photographs courtesy of Ashley Ann Photography.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top