Last week, my daughter attended the "Awesome Acrylics" art camp at Cheekwood, an art museum and botanical garden in Nashville. I didn't have too many expectations, other than possibly to get some art out of the deal. I think I got some keepers.


This is her Chihuly-inspired floral piece.
Dale Chihuly has a dual exhibit going on now at both Cheekwood and the Frist Center for the Visual Arts in Nashville. We need to go check it out very soon. 
Dale Chihuly's blown glass art

Her next masterpiece . . .
This one Meg appropriately named "The Robot" for obvious reasons. I love the eyelashes.

And, my personal favorite . . . 
this fun and funky portrait. I especially love the saturated colors.

Almost immediately, it reminded me of this funny lady:
Isn't the resemblance uncanny? We're naming the portrait Rosanna. After I told my daughter who I thought the painting looked like (and she gave me a well-deserved blank look), I googled photos of Rosanna Rosanna Danna. My daughter and her friend both agreed with my assessment.

Don't you just love kid's art?

Sources: Exotic Excess, Pics Digger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top