Staying home with a sick child can throw kinks into one's plans. And while I could have been doing all kinds of productive things with my time at home today (working, organizing, etc.), I told myself that I needed to stay near Pierce on the sofa. With my laptop. So, I started looking at Craigslist. And sometimes it takes just one thing to set off my brain. Today, it was this vintage sofa . . .


I know some of you think I may be sniffing glue, but I love a good vintage print sofa. It might be a little over the top, but the colors are so pretty and saturated and the design is so unique. Here are some rooms that showcase a vivid sofa to great effect . . .

both photos via
So, I poked around a little more on CL and found some other finds that I thought might work in the same room - a faux bamboo dresser, gold vintage mirror, Moroccan brass tray table (that my friend Bri is selling) and two faux bamboo wing chairs (there are actually two different CL sellers selling the same chair - they would just need to be painted to match). I mocked up a little inspiration board with the CL finds supplemented with some Nate Berkus lamps from Target, a rug from World Market and some homemade art courtesy of Jenny Komenda of Little Green Notebook (I borrowed her actual art for the inspiration board but check out her post to see how you could create your own). 
Paint the walls a vivid blue (or complementary hue of your choice) and you've got a room like no other. I'm calling this one Vintage Girl because I can totally see this in a young lady's home. So fun and fresh. 

It was fun exercising my creative brain for the heck of it. You never know what a little Craigslist searching will yield. I do this kind of sourcing and boards for clients as well, so give me a shout if you need any help spiffing up your place.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top