Fan chair. Peacock chair. Whatever you want to call it, I've liked them for a while now. A friend of mine commented once that they remind her of Fantasy Island (if you don't get the reference I'm sorry, I'm obviously dating myself).

Be that as it may, I found this one on Craigslist the other day and promptly snatched it up.
My plan is to paint it white, change the cushion to a fun fabric and put it in Meg's room. She actually likes it which is a bonus, not that I'd ever let that stop me. Just kidding.

I realize fan chairs might be so 2009 (or 1977), but I don't care. I need a little unexpected something in her room so it doesn't look too traditional. Gotta mix it up a little sometimes. When researching fan chairs, I couldn't find a lot of shots of interiors containing them. I know they're out there, but I got lazy. Anyway, I did find one Pieces sold a while back for $1850!
I realize this one is a little different, but still. $1850? I'll take my $15 Craigs find any day.

Here's a much more reasonable one from H&H Home for $395 (did you detect the sarcasm in that statement?).
I'll be sure and post some after shots of my fan chair once I actually paint it and get a new cushion.

So, are you a fan of the fan? Or do you think it should have been retired when Fantasy Island was canceled?

Sources: Pieces, H&H Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top