If you've read my blog in the past few months, you know of my deep desire to find vintage upholstered X benches. Well, I didn't find X benches, but some vintage benches that spoke to me just the same.
Not the most spectacular upholstery but as they were just $7 each, I grabbed them. Now, the daunting task of finding a fabric. 

My husband prefers them tucked under the Parson's sofa table (which is patiently waiting for its makeover). And, no, my floors are not as orange as they look in this photo. Although, they are too orange for my taste. Believe me, refinishing is on the list. The never-ending list. 

I thought the benches looked very similar to some that Angie Hranowsky used in a bedroom . . . 
Oh, how I love this room.
Okay, back to my benches. 
Sorry for the horrible lighting. You should know this was during the flood yesterday.
Since this room is fairly brown neutral, color is needed in a big way (as I mentioned yesterday in my post about pillows). Most of the color I have now is in my rug and accessories.
My kids tend to follow me when I start snapping photos.



Here are some fabrics I'm loving right now (in no particular order) . . . 
Robert Allen's Tioga in Paprika
this crazy-expensive but great Highland Court fabric
and this color-saturated vintage Chinoiserie fabric from eBay.
I would love to do the Tioga on the benches and the Chinoiserie fabric on some pillows for the slipper chairs, but I don't think I can do Tioga if I get these beauties for Mother's Day . . .
That's just too much diamond/geometric pattern going on. So, if you have any thoughts, please do share. Any fabulous fabrics you've run across that might look great with the colors I've got going on (mainly a shrimpy/coral color, chartreuse and/or teal/turquoise)? Should I ditch the pillows in La Fiorentina and get the benches recovered in Tioga? Anyone? Help a sister out.

Sources: Angie Hranowsky, Online Fabric Store, Inside Fabric, eBay, Etsy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top