Well, I did it. I faced my fear and took a sewing class today. And I lived to tell about it. Oh, and I made a pillow. Yeah, me! Without further ado, here it is . . .
I know all you Etsy girls are shaking in your boots. This 16-inch pillow took me a mere three hours to make.
Check out that craftsmanship. Yes, that is cording and a zipper. My skills are unparalleled. I hope you're picking up on my sarcasm. Seriously though, I owe a lot to my ever-patient teacher Gail at JoAnn's who repeatedly asked me every time I messed up (which was about every 30 seconds), "What are you so afraid of?" My simple answer, "Screwing up the pillow!"

Now, I've just got to get a pillow insert. I'm thinking of putting it in Meg's room. I swear I haven't forgotten to show you an after of her room . . . progress has been made, but it's still a work in progress. Next order of business: sewing bedskirts. I'm convinced I can tackle them now. No fear!

I found this poster that should be my new mantra . . . 

Have you faced any fears lately?

Source: Etsy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top